Sunday, 15 January 2012

The Swan

Hey Blogmates…. First of all sorry for the long delay in this post of mine! (I see that this is happening quite often.)  Anyways, I have just posted a poem that I wrote a while back. Its inspiration is an international icon (a female let me add.) I remember when this world famous someone was just a few metres away from me on the 13th of July and I had absolutely no idea! Talk about bad luck…I sooo wish I had noticed her, I would have gone and taken an autograph. She really is not a very big favourite of mine, but somehow she was the inspiration to this poem.  Curious about who am I talking about…well, maybe the title may strike a bell (maybe not…most probably.) Well, no one will probably know who she (NC) is…

THE SWAN
The swan walked across the crowd,
Everyone stepping aside for her,
walking, yet flowing like a fluid,
Her strides making Hearts stop,
Her eyes, staring towards the Heavens,
where She lives & truly belongs…

Walking on a carpet of roses,
She, adorned with glistening stars,
smiles, towards the flashes alight.
Her Smile, that kills a million hearts….including mine.
 Her Smile, that sets to roll several trades.
It makes some jealous, some aspire,
that why She get a path of roses? 
But little do they know, it wasn’t so always,
the path was thorny, and bumpy,
it had teasers, mockers, scorners, scoffers,

Her eyes downtrodden, sad and conscious,
She adorned by nothing at all,
Had only one thing to cling on to-
Her Inner Strength.

P.S  If any of you can guess who am I talking about, or if you have a unique interpretation of your own…do comment!

1 comment:

  1. Aishwarya Rai?
    Or Kimmora Lee Simmons, as she was bullied and all. But, I think it's the first one.
    And, I love the poem!^

    ReplyDelete